Friday, April 03, 2009

Ten

It’s the end of term today! Hurray! It has drawn out long because of Easter being late and had started to feel like it would never end. In celebration summer has decided to make yet another come back and we have a suffocating day of 38C, all the more fierce for the cool weather we've enjoyed lately.

Back from school with two of the girls’ friends in tow, we went straight down to the pool in an attempt to let off the end of term steam in cooler surroundings. Four girls and one boy clashed against each other repeatedly, girls’ games thwarted by boyish attempts at improving them by running a bit of interference.

The girls got out protesting, leaving him alone in the pool and started another game by the side of the pool. His fun curtailed he also got out and came over to me, where I was reading in the shade and trying to be deaf to all the shrieks.

“I don’t think they’ll ever get husbands” he announced in a matter of fact tone, sounding rather like a dowager duchess despairing of the younger generation.

“Why’s that?” I enquired trying to disguise my laughter.

“They don’t seem to like boys very much.”

It’s tough being the only boy, but I’m sure it will improve when they’re all teenagers!

4 comments:

  1. That is soooo funny. "I don't think they'll ever get husbands" I don't know how you kept a straight face.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How precious! Enjoy your Easter Holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How did you keep from just busting out in laughter. Too funny.

    Oi it sounds just HOT HOT over across yonder ocean.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha! That's funny, boy is he in for a surprise in a couple of years. I tagged you if you want.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments - I appreciate every one!